When I start working with a new patient, I look at more than just their medical history, medication list, diet, and exercise regimen. I also take into consideration harmful environmental issues they might be exposed to such as mold toxicity.
Mold is a type of fungus that grows in moisture and reproduces by way of tiny spores that travel through the air. When mold lands on a damp area in your home they start to grow and are released into the air where it’s inevitable that you will inhale them. If you are someone who is sensitive to mold you could start experiencing a slew of health issues.
Symptoms of Mold Toxicity:
- Brain Fog
- Night Sweats
- Itchy Eyes
You could have mold growing in your home or place of employment and not even know it!
Common Causes of Mold Growth:
- Leaky pipes
- Moisture buildup in the basement
- Flooded areas
- Standing water
- Unnoticed damp areas underneath carpet
People that have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease or other tick related illness, POTS, or Mast Cell Activation Syndrome also need to be treated for mold toxicity.
“I think I might be suffering from mold toxicity. What should I do?”
When I suspect that my patient is suffering from mold toxicity, I make a diagnosis based off personal symptoms, exposure history, and running a series of tests:
- Ermi Testing: The Environmental Relative Moldiness Index was developed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and is used to detect mold contamination in buildings.
- VCS Test: I use the Visual Contrast Sensitivity Test as a screening test to see if you could possibly be suffering from mold exposure.
- Great Plains Lab Testing: I use the MycoTOX Profile through Great Plains Lab Testing as another invaluable tool to assess mold exposure.
- Traditional Lab Testing: I look at VEGF, Transforming Growth Factor Beta -1, VIP, HLA-DR, C4a, Alpha-MSH, cortisol, leptin, ADH, DHEA-S, and testosterone
“What are my treatment options for mold toxicity?”
If you’ve been diagnosed with mold toxicity, I offer a comprehensive and effective treatment program that incorporates:
- Detox Chlorella
- Cholestyramine and Welchol: prescription drugs that can also cause a herxheimer reaction which can worsen symptoms for several days and cause symptoms such as joint pain, brain fog, and headaches.
- Zeolite Charcoal
- Alka Seltzer Gold
- Treating MARCoNS with VIP Nasal Spray
If you are experiencing unexplained symptoms like chronic fatigue, headaches, weakness, and brain fog and suspect that you might be suffering from mold toxicity book an appointment with me today so that we can treat the root cause of your issues!