Could You Be Suffering from Mold Toxicity?

written and reviewed by 
Dr. Neil Paulvin, DO
on
December 22, 2019

When I start working with a new patient, I look at more than just their medical history, medication list, diet, and exercise regimen. I also take into consideration harmful environmental issues they might be exposed to such as mold toxicity.

Mold is a type of fungus that grows in moisture and reproduces by way of tiny spores that travel through the air. When mold lands on a damp area in your home they start to grow and are released into the air where it’s inevitable that you will inhale them. If you are someone who is sensitive to mold you could start experiencing a slew of health issues.

Symptoms of Mold Toxicity:

  • Fatigue
  • Headache
  • Weakness
  • Numbness/Tingling
  • Brain Fog
  • Night Sweats
  • Sneezing
  • Coughing
  • Congestion
  • Itchy Eyes
  • Tremors
  • Vertigo

You could have mold growing in your home or place of employment and not even know it!

Common Causes of Mold Growth:

  • Leaky pipes
  • Moisture buildup in the basement
  • Flooded areas
  • Standing water
  • Unnoticed damp areas underneath carpet

People that have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease or other tick related illness, POTS, or Mast Cell Activation Syndrome also need to be treated for mold toxicity.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.